Saturday, March 15, 2014

Fast Healthy Quick...Delish Muffins is what I like to call them


So I am always "Pining" things but a few months ago I made a "Done" Board in order to start Trying Something New!  Often we eat whatever I throw together which usually turns out pretty good but we end up eating the same things over and over each month...Boring... 
I made two different recipes last week that are definitely going in the recipe card box. Both breakfast :)
Here's the first one, 

|| C O C O N U T  C A R R O T  A N D  Z U C H I N I  M U F F I N S ||
Ingredients
  • 2 cups shredded carrot
  • 1 cup shredded zucchini
  • 1 cup chopped peeled apple
  • 3/4 cup flaked coconut
  • 1/2 cup chopped almonds
  • 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1-1/4 cups sugar (I did 1 c. Sugar 1/4 c. coconut sugar)
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 3/4 cup canola oil (Coconut Oil)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
  • Gently toss together carrot, zucchini, apple, coconut, almonds and
  • orange peel; set aside. I shredded carrots and zucchini using my food processor crater attachment)
  • In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and
  • salt. Combine eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just
  • until moistened (batter will be thick).
  • Fold in carrot mixture. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups
  • two-thirds full.
  • Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool
*************************************************************************************************

My 1 year old boys LOVED these so I stuck 2/ziplock bag and I just sit them out to thaw before I go to bed and breakfast is ready in the morning.  

HEALTH EASY BREAKFAST!








2 comments:

  1. These were amazing! Thank you! I have been living off of them all week. And two people I let try them both wanted the recipe. I only did 1 cup of sugar and found them plenty sweet with the coconut added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you like them. The second time I made them I used only coconut sugar and they were just as good. I had to lower the temp. to 350 for some reason they were getting a bit brown quicker than they did the first time. But still delish!

    ReplyDelete