Friday, December 6, 2013

Celebrating the Bride

I can't believe how fast November flew by.  I had the honor to throw a bridal shower for my sweet friend Emily.  Here are some fun pics of the event. 


My Sweet Dad helped me with some of the fun decorations.  I need some of my own power tools :).  


Party Favor... Ornaments (Thanks Dad for cutting so much wood for me)
I drilled a whole in each wood piece.
Painted a simple Christmas tree on one side and the date of E and T's wedding on the other side and  then dipped them into polyurethane. 

We also used some of the wood pieces to label the delicious food.  We painted them with chalk board  paint and then wrote on each of them.  



The Bride and Kelli (Other Hostess... my sweet friend)



Bridal shower game that isn't super Cheesy!! 
Break up into teams and give each group 1 Roll of Toilet Paper and 1 Roll of tape.  
Give Each group 10 mins to design a beautiful wedding dress... It was a big hit and super fun!

The Beautiful Bride

Bride and Cheryl her Momma



This was the after party clean up.... and Us eating the Crack Dip... it was amazing!!! Recipe Below :)



 My fun Pinterest Vintage Doily Table runner...
(say that 3 times fast)
 Which is a collection from different thrift stores.  Love it!!!!  
Pine cones came from the tree up the street and were dipped in grey and white stain and the fun wood pieces came from my parent's farm and I gave them a good coat of Polyurethane.


Fabulous Holiday Fruit Dip (Crack Dip)

Carmel Cream Apple Dip
by Cindy Dude

Picture from Cindy's Blog

Cream layer:
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1 container Marzetti's Caramel Apple Dip
1 bag Heath English Toffee Bits

Put cream cheese, both sugars and vanilla  in a food processor and pulse until smooth.  Or using an electric mixer, beat on medium until smooth and creamy.  

Spread on a serving plate.  Either a dinner size plate or a decorative platter.  Top with Marzetti's caramel dip found in the produce section of your grocery store.  They have just recently added Marzetti's Sweet and Salty.  I think that sounds wonderful.  I have not tried it yet, but I bought one to try this weekend.  I am going to be big as a barn!!!!

Spread the caramel over the cream cheese to about a 1/2 inch from the edge. About 3/4 cup or so. Then sprinkle with the Heath bits, (not ones with chocolate). About 1/2 cup.  
Very easy.  

Find this and other FABULOUS Recipes as well as a super cute way to serve this dip:

And leave a comment telling her how fabulous it is!!! You will absolutely love it!!! 

Hope you have a Fabulous Weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment