Sunday, August 25, 2013

Favorite Dessert Recipe of the Summer

HAPPY SUNDAY!!!

Every year my mom gets a couple HUGE boxes of Blueberries from the Mennonites that live close to my home town.  We eat them until we start turning a light shade of lavender :). 
They were delicious this year and I am always looking for fabulous recipes to use them.  Last year we had some really good blueberry muffins but this year I made a Blueberry Pie.
Hands down the best I have EVER had. 
I got this recipe from my twin sister via my mom...I think... 
Adriane made it for Rozy's first birthday because that girl could eat a big ol box by herself!!  Here are a few pictures and the recipe is at the end.  



One Thought... 
I think I would have loved living back in the days where it was the norm for someone just to drop by and you just happened to have a slice of pie and coffee you could serve them.  I read a really sweet book this summer called the Exact Place by Margie L. Haack.  She describes many time where her family would have neighbors drop by and her mother would always have something to share.  The book has the recipes that she talks about.  It is FABULOUS!
Have you read any good books this summer?  Please share I am always looking for a great recommendation.

Now Back to Blueberry Pie



Creamy Blueberry Pie 

2-3 cups Blueberries
1 unbaked 9" pie crust 
(found by the eggs and canned cinnamon rolls, or in a tin pie dish in the freezer section.)
1 Cup of sugar
1/3 c. Flour
1/8 teaspoon salt...Pinch :) 
2 eggs beaten
1/2 Sour cream

Topping:
1/2 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Flour
1/4 c.  cold butter or Marg.
Cut in butter until crumbly.... I used a small food processor... much quicker.  

Fill pie shell with blueberries and set aside. Mix together Sugar, flour, salt, add in eggs and sour cream. Spoon over Blueberries. Top with the crumbly mixture.  

Preheat oven 350 Degrees bake for 50-55 min. or until light Golden brown.


Babies are napping so I need to tighty-up for our company... we are having pie and coffee... :) 

Do you have a favorite Summer Recipe? 
Do share.  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment