Monday, September 17, 2012

Life Changing Months...Sheesh where Do I start?? Part 1

In the Last couple months The Luster's have had some pretty incredible times!

Incredibly Wonderful, Incredibly Hard, Incredibly Sad...etc

Here We Go:

My parents took us on a pre-30th birthday trip for Adriane and me.  We spent a week in Montana with my family which was really perfect for Anthony and really a great way to spend my 7th week pregnant.  Anthony was able to enjoy the late mornings, amazing view of the lakes and mountains, fun family time, a little sight seeing, and lots of great reading time. 

 View from where we stayed for free because of our sweet friends the Ellis Family who have a house in Montana.

Morning Coffee before our long trip to Glacier National Park

 It stays light outside so late it was 8:30 pm... Made for super fun play time.

The newest addition to our family, Rozlyn Pauline Marberry Born July 4, 2012

Aubry's 1st Birthday

Bear Sighting

One of our stops at Glacier National Park


Most of my time was spent breathing deeply saying to my self.... "your fine, don't throw up, how long am I going to feel like this, I don't know if I'm ever going to do this again." It wasn't all terrible I did enjoy the breath taking scenery and definitely enjoyed the 60 degree mornings and 80 degrees afternoons.   
We saw bears, buffalo, deer...etc LOTS of animals!!


   When we came home we anxiously awaited our 1st Ultra Sound Appointment which is where we would find out we are pregnant with TRIPLETS!!!!
 Exciting, scary, thankful, freaking out a bit, crying, so happy!!!

You can't really see all of the babies but there is definitely 3 sacks in there. :) 

Then the Incredibly Hard stuff started.

I checked into the Hospital after having enough of throwing up 5-10 times daily!!
and ended up having to stay a whole week.
I was diagnosed with a condition called

Hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) is a severe form of morning sickness, with "unrelenting, excessive pregnancy-related nausea and/or vomiting that prevents adequate intake of food and fluids." Hyperemesis is considered a rare complication of pregnancy but, because nausea and vomiting during pregnancy exist on a continuum, there is often not a good diagnosis between common morning sickness and hyperemesis. Estimates of the percentage of pregnant women afflicted range from 0.3% to 2.0%

The Word "unrelenting" is the word that in my opinion best describes it.  I was pumped full of fluids and medicine for 7 days in the hospital.  After losing a total of 20 lbs. and just about wanting to jump out the window I was released and able to go home.  
I was thankful to go home and have a new appreciation for mom's that have to go on bed rest for Months of their pregnancy.... You just do what you gotta do for these precious gifts. 

During this time my Super Hero Mom was by my side the whole time!!!  She rushed up from the Lake and stayed the entire week with me.  

When my sweet husband wasn't working he did his best to keep me encouraged and spent many hours in the hospital room as well. 
Here are some really lame picture but pretty much sums up my time there.   

 I ate a lot of these...
Lots and Lots of Apple Sauce
Finally was able to try something that had a little more substance Oatmeal and a Banana.. 

 Flowers from Anthony they were beautiful but take note Iris' are lovely but to a nauseous pregnant girl the smell was a bit overwhelming :)  Its the precious thought that counts :) 

 I took a picture of my wrist after I got the IV out... I was so happy to say good by to that thing.

The Day I checked out of the Hospital
A home nurse came to my house to teach me how to use my new ZOFRAN PUMP.
 (Sort of the same concept as an insulin pump I will spare you the details but it involved sticking a tac like needle in my stomach every other day to get the IV medicine... Not fun but that medicine helped alot!!!  I was attached to it for 21 days.)

Moved to the Lake

The next day we had decided it would be better for me to live at the Lake of the Ozarks with my parents so my dear sweet mom could go home but still take care of me.  
I stayed there for 3 weeks, while my sweet husband stayed home and worked hard for his quickly growing family.  He came to visit me every weekend!!!  

I am so thankful for everyone that was praying for us... I know it was more than I will ever know.  

Part 2 to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment