Friday, March 16, 2012

Prone to Wander Lord I feel it....

"When you love someone, you do not love them all the time, in exactly the same way, from moment to moment. It is an impossibility. It is even a lie to pretend to. And yet this is exactly what most of us demand. We have so little faith in the ebb and flow of life, of love, of relationships". 
Gift from the Sea: by Anne Morrow Lindbergh
I was so encouraged by this quote... Hopefully you will be as well!
And will add how Grateful I am of the Lord's unchanging love for His Children!  
I love this guy!!! 
I was talking to my sweet single friend this week about a relationship that she is in...kinda :).  We were talking about how wonderful marriage is but also how hard it can be.  She said...”Gosh..I’m never getting married.”  I told her that its hard to explain until you experience it but marriage is the most amazing blessing!  I immeditately thought of the constant comparison in the Bible of our relationship with the Lord and marriage  over and over... My relationship with Jesus is HARD sometimes...I’m prone to wander!!! But I would absolutely NEVER not want my relationship with Him!!!  I think that is like marriage its hard... BUT it makes you more HOLY!!!  I love the analogy that C.S. Lewis wrote in one of his books...(really old one that is plum color :) 
He talked about a boy that had a really bad tooth ache and didn’t even want to ask his mom for an aspirin because then he would have a dentist appointment the next day... So he waited and waited until he couldn’t bare it anymore and finally told his mom.  Of course there was pain from the tooth pulling BUT it was nothing compared to the pain he was in the day before.


And in a few days then he was completely healed and that darn tooth would never bother him again... 
What a beautiful picture of being sanctified...being more holy... and the fight we put up for something so wonderful that the Lord wants to teach us.
I went to 3 different worship services last week;  One in Arkansas, one in Kirkwood, and one in Fenton and at each one we sang the song...
”Come Thou Fount”
The verse that struck me so much each time... (I think the Lord was trying to tell me something... 3 TIMES!!
 I mean come on!!!)
O to Grace how great a debtor
Daily I’m constrained to be
Let Thy goodness like a fetter
Bind my wandering heart to Thee
Prone to wander Lord I feel it
Prone to leave the God I love 
Here’s my heart O take and seal it
Seal it for Thy courts above.
I am grateful for the LORD and how he daily teaches me...even if it hurts!!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment