Friday, February 24, 2012

I Like Brussel Sprouts and State Farm

Who Knew?

There are a few childhood dislikes that I believe will always be apart of my life.
I don't like: 1.  Mayo or Miracle Whip  
2. Yogurt  (I really wish I could grow out of this)
3.  Celery

But I did find something this week that made me feel like a grown up :) I really do like brussel sprouts.

Here is a delicious recipe for roasted veggies....come on just try them one more time!!!


I was cleaning out the Veggie Drawer and this is what I found.

Brussel Sprouts.......Cut in half 
(Trader Joe's has a pre-cut and seasoned kind which included salt, pepper, and garlic.)
New Potatoes (red, purple, and white)
Sweet Potato
Zucchini
2-4 T. Olive Oil 
Secret Ingredient:  French Onion Soup Mix


If you don't have this in your pantry you must try it!!!  You can make a quick chip dip, season potatoes or carrots/ Roasted veggies, Add to a hamburger, the possibilities are endless!!!

Pre-heat oven to 475 Degrees
Put all your veggies in a Bag 
Add olive oil: This should LIGHTLY coat each veggie
Add Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Close Tightly and shake until all Veggies are coated.

Place on a rimmed cookie sheet and Roast for 40-45 mins.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STATE FARM


I am THE Proudest Wife of the Newest State Farm Independent Contractor.  
Anthony has finished his first year of Agency and signed a permanent contract with the company on Feb. 22, 2012!!
He has had an incredible year, full of surprises, success, stress, long nights at work, many days at the chiropractor, changing staff, little pay, huge events...etc.
Several people at State Farm told Anthony he was crazy for getting married right before the first year of opening his agency.  Apparently the divorce rate for new state farm agents is very high...
Praise the LORD we beat the odds!!!!
I get to help at his office as his accountant/book keeper/organizer/public relations coordinator/whatever else no one wants to do :) And I can honestly say I LOVE IT!!!  
I love watching him work with clients and his staff... He is first; hilarious and such a great boss.  Maybe I will tell you his "story" and how he got to this point. 
It is an incredible one that the Lord's hand is ABSOLUTELY evident through the whole process.    

Hope you have a Terrific Week end!!! 

I am making Pork Chili tonight for our date night in.  You can find the recipe at my sweet friend Cindy's Blog HERE
She is the most incredible cook... EVERY RECIPE a Crowd Please!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment